BECAUSE OF DEMAND, WE HAVE ADDED A SECOND MEMOIR WORKSHOP THURSDAY, MARCH 1.
The Friday, March 2 Memoir workshop is full. The Saturday, March 3 Better-Writing workshop is full.
So, we have (as of Feb. 2) two spots open for Thursday’s Memoir. Both other sessions are closed.
We are confident that the workshop will:
And, above all, encourage you.
All in the relaxed atmosphere of teacher Bob Welch’s Eugene home. And with the wit and wisdom of a columnist/author who’s twice won the National Society of Newspaper Columnists “Best Writing” Award, twice won the Oregon Newspaper Publisher Association’s “Best Writing” Award and has been a finalist for the Oregon Book Award.
Because of the small number of students and the in-home setting, you’ll get a personal touch that you won’t find in larger writers’ workshops that cater to the masses.
Instead, you’ll get:
1. A written critique of your work by Bob Welch prior to the event. (Max 1,500 words).
2. Small-group discussions about overcoming obstacles every writer faces.
3. Answers to the specific questions about your personal writing challenges.
4. Inspiration and information from Bob.
5. Short exercises to help you grow as a writer.
6. A great Oregon lunch prepared by She Who Knows Hospitality, Welch’s wife Sally.
7. Visual writing enhancements on a 65-inch televison.
8. Soft chairs.
9. A cozy fire.
10.An atmosphere that’s relaxed, fun and encouraging.
We will explore more than 20 questions writers often have when starting a memoir, and take you from idea to how to actually get your book printed. How do I get started? How much should I tell? How do I organize my information? What info do I keep? What do I throw? If you have the question, Bob has answer.
First seven to register each day get spots. You may pay with PayPal, credit cards or checks.
Interested but still have questions? Feel free to contact Bob here or 541-517-3936.